for about 2 weeks now I`ve been working on a human skin shader. As this is a paid job for medical simulation, it has to look as close as possible to real life. Though as this is a paid job it means that there will not be free code sample here yet. Shader consists of simple math so it runs really fast.
- Widely customizable (could be used for any material)
- Tangent-space normal mapping
- Supports up to 8 lights (OpenGL has 8 light limit)
- Spherical Harmonics lighting
- Advanced specular reflections with fresnel ramp
standart phong shading for comparison: